SQUAD是由战地2：真实行动（Project Reality）模组制作组——世外工作室（Offworld Industries LTD）制作。游戏使用虚幻4作为引擎，在steam上目前处于B测阶段，V1.0尚未发布。
- March 2014: Development of Squad started.
- October 2014: Squad was publicly announced for the first time (in PR forums, in Squad forums).
- February 2015: The studio Offworld Industries LLC was founded.
- April 2015: Squad was successfully greenlit on Steam's Greenlight (Greenlight page, Greenlight trailer).
- May 27 to June 27, 2015: Successful Kickstarter campaign (Kickstarter page, Kickstarter trailer).
- July 18, 2015: Closed Pre-Alpha launch weekend.
- September 26, 2015: Closed Alpha launch.
- December 15, 2015: Steam Early Access launch (Steam store page, Early Access launch treaser).
- August 7, 2016: Release of alpha version 7, which includes the first vehicles in-game (announcement, release trailer).
- November 1, 2016: Release of alpha version 8 (release notes, release trailer).
- March 19, 2017: Release of alpha version 9 (release notes, release trailer).
- November 18, 2017: Release of alpha version 9.15 with the first modding support (release notes).
- February 5, 2018: Release of alpha version 10 with new animation system, free-look, vaulting/climbing, bipod resting, and much more (release notes, release trailer).
- May 4, 2018: Release of alpha version 11 with new faction British Army, new map Kamdesh Highlands, many new vehicles and weapons, and much more (release notes, release trailer).
- November 9, 2018: Release of alpha version 12 with main battle tanks added, new map Tallil Outskirts, new game mode RAAS, new weapons and much more (release notes, release trailer, T72B3 teaser).
- May 1, 2019: Over a million copies of Squad have been sold (sources: press information)
- May 2, 2019: Release of alpha version 13 with the new role Combat Engineer, the new game mode Destruction, the T-62 Main Battle Tank added, and much more and much more (release notes, release trailer).
- After the Early Access closes, a beta phase will start. The beta will focus on stability and optimization, the game will be almost feature complete.
- Retail release (version 1.0) - no confirmed date yet.
- Development will continue after the release of version 1.0.